Sun of London

Saturday, April 30, 2005

The beginning...

(Wrote on February 25, 2005)

What a depressing city... luckily it's just the first day! Watching snow falling can be pretty, at home, of course. Also, walking along the streets can be nice, but in London... in the cold... in the middle of hordes of people! I need to bring the Sun to this people!
You can see amazing things, a man running with lycra shorts and a t-shirt, with negative temperatures and while snowing. I head for Hyde Park, and there yes, it starts the hardcore scene, there are more the ones who're running, and plenty with small shorts and t-shirt... An old man passes near me, running. But this one is smarter, he's wearing a jumper. Somebody with some brains!
The first impression is that everything is huge. I walked for nearly 4 hours on very wide streets, full of people, endless streets that in the map seem tiny. The shops are great! I went to a shop of adventure gear (mountain wear, backpacks, maps, compasses and likewise) and everyone was friendly, even after I said I wasn't going to buy anything, just watching, I had a class about "Gore-Tex" and different models of rain-jackets. It's a little like Morocco but the opposite, here they just want to show and explain, not for selling!
In the meanwhile, already searched where is the "Rough Trade", a music store where I'm going to buy the ticket tomorrow for a crazy night at Koko. And I haven't been here for 24 hours yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home